Are you looking for the best agriculture colleges in Bihar? Well, Bihar is one of the most famous states for Agriculture studies all over India. There are many students who want to build their careers in the field of agriculture and in order to fulfill these demands, there are many governments and private agriculture colleges in Bihar including some universities.
The state of Bihar has many Central universities and state universities that offer many courses related to agriculture in Bihar. If you want to pursue agricultural studies then this article will help you in selecting the best university or college. The main purpose of this article is to offer information related to top Agriculture colleges in Bihar including private and government agriculture colleges in Bihar.
Bihar BSc Agriculture Admissions are through an entrance test. Candidates may take any national or state-level exam to gain acceptance into the BSc Agriculture program in Bihar. It is the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board, BCECEB conducts the BCECE for admission into the BSc Agriculture program in Bihar.
B.Sc. Agriculture is a four-year undergraduate degree program. Students who are interested in studying BSc in Agriculture must have completed 10+2 in Physics Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology. The admission is done on merit or through qualifying entrance examinations like BCECE/AJEE/ICAR AIEEA. There are many institutions in Bihar that provide a BSc Agriculture course.
Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University, Samastipur is one of the best agriculture colleges in Bihar.
List of Agriculture Colleges in Bihar:
There are many colleges that offer agricultural courses like BSc and M.Sc. Many students are often confused between different colleges and their admission process. The state of Bihar has Central Universities, State Universities, and Private Universities.
The admission process is different for each university. Here is the complete list of all bihar agriculture college located in the state of Bihar.
Government Agriculture Colleges In Bihar
There is a total of 12 Government Agriculture Colleges. Here is the complete list of Top Government Agriculture Colleges In Bihar:
- Bihar Agricultural University
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University – DRPCAU
- Aryabhatta Knowledge University – AKU
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Bihar University – BRABU
- Bihar Veterinary College
- College of Agricultural Engineering – Pusa
- College of Home Science – Pusa
- Nalanda Open University – NOU
- National Research Centre for Litchi – NRCL
- Patna University
- Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Dairy Science and Technology
- Tirhut College of Agriculture
Private Agriculture Colleges in Bihar
Here is the complete list of private agriculture colleges in Bihar:
College of Horticulture:
- Type: Private
- Agriculture Courses Offered: B.Sc. (Horticulture Science)
- Approved/Affiliated By: Bihar Agricultura; University
- Location: Noorsarai, Nalanda, Bihar 803113, India
- Official Website: http://www.bausabour.ac.in/College_of_Horticulture.aspx
- Phone Number: (06112) 242493 / 9431450059
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. C.V. Raman University
- Type: Private
- Agriculture Courses Offered: B.Sc. (Agriculture)
- Approved/Affiliated By: UGC, AICTE
- Location: Vaishali, Bihar 844114, India
- Official Website: https://www.cvrubihar.ac.in
- Phone Number: 9993233374, 8986210652, 8815077587, 8102609456
- Email: email@example.com
Gopal Narayan Singh University
- Type: Private Agriculture College in Bihar
- Agriculture Courses Offered: B.Sc. (Agriculture), M.Sc
- Approved/Affiliated By: UGC
- Location: Jamuhar, Rohtas, Bihar 821305, India
- Official Website: https://gnsu.ac.in/
- Phone Number: 1800-121-0051
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Above are the top private agriculture college in Bihar list. If you think we miss something then feel free to contact us and we will add that college to the list of the best agriculture college in Bihar.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission In Top Agriculture Colleges in Bihar
The student who wants to take admitted into an agriculture course in Bihar needs to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 at a recognized school with Chemistry, Physics, and Biology/ Mathematics
- The minimum requirements to be considered for admission varies based on the institution/university.
- Candidates are required to sit for BCECEor the ICAR AIEEor AJEE entrance tests. The test for qualifying admission is different in accordance with the university.
How Do I Apply?
- Based on the University/Colleges method of accepting applications applicants can apply in person or via the internet.
- Candidates must go through the prospectus or brochure prior to applying to any institution. The brochure is available on the website of the college or downloaded offline.
- Candidates must be registered with an email address with a valid telephone number
- The application form must be filled in with the necessary information
- Fill in the correct marks you scored during the qualifying exam.
- Attach copies of the documents you need
- Candidates are required to pay the application fees via credit card or debit cards/ Net banking online mode. Candidates can also pay for the application fees using a Demand Draft when applying offline.
Counseling Process In Agriculture Colleges in Bihar:
The counseling process is based on the entrance test that a candidate took. The process of counseling for each exam can be found below.
BCECE Counseling Process For Admission Into State Government Agriculture Colleges in Bihar
To take part in the BCECE counseling procedure, which includes lock and choice filling candidates can sign up on the official website. Candidates should take note of these points:
- Registering of BCECE counseling will be functional only when the results are announced
- The seats will be assigned to candidates depending on the rank they scored in BCECE
- The counseling fee must be paid by the bank challan
- When reporting, the candidates must bring the original as well as replicas of each of the documents listed below:
- Final BCECE Seat Allotment Letter
- BCECE Admit Card
- Six passport-sized photos
- BCECE Counseling Call Letter
- Class 12thIntermediate mark sheet, certificates
- Class 12th/Intermediate admit card/ hall ticket
- Mark sheets for Class 10th and certificates
- Birth certificate (or class 10th certification)
- Certificate for Reserved Category
- Income certificate
AJEE Counseling Process
- The process of counseling for AJEE will be conducted offline once the results are announced. Candidates who have been shortlisted will be invited to the counseling process in the order of the ranks they have scored.
- The schedule for counseling will be announced through the AISECT website. Candidates are required to attend counseling at the time and date specified. Inability to attend will cause the cancellation of their application. Candidates will be required to complete a preference form. Then they will be offered seats on the basis of merit and in accordance with their preference.
- When they attend counseling, applicants will need to bring all the necessary documentation to verify their identity. Additionally, they will have to pay a non-refundable cost to participate in the counseling process. If the candidate is accepted for the offered seat the candidate will have to pay the tuition during the counseling session.
ICAR AIEEA Counseling Process
- Students who have secured an entry on the merit lists will be eligible to take part in the process of counseling.
- This counseling session will run in an online manner. The fees for counseling are in the range of INR 2000.
- The counseling is administered in conjunction with the West Bengal Indian Council of Agriculture Research All India Admission Examination (ICAR AIEEA) Reservation Policy.
How Can I get admission to a top BSc agriculture college in Bihar?
Candidates should appear for any national or state-level entrance exam to be considered for acceptance into Bihar’s BSc Agriculture course in Bihar. It is the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board, BCECEB conducts the BCECE for admission into the BSc Agriculture program in Bihar
Can I get direct admission to Bihar agriculture university?
Direct admission is not possible at Bihar Agricultural University. Students seeking admission need to appear for the entrance exam.
Is ICAR compulsory for BSc Agriculture?
No, ICAR is not mandatory for B.Sc. Agriculture but you need to appear for the state university entrance exam. ICAR is only mandatory if you want to take admitted into any Government university or college in Bihar.
How many ICAR colleges are there in Bihar?
There are only 2 ICAR-approved Agriculture colleges in Bihar.
How to get admission in agriculture college in Bihar?
In order to get admission to the top Government agriculture colleges in Bihar, you need to appear for the relevant agricultural examination at the college level, state level, and central level.
How to get direct admission in Pusa agriculture college?
The university follows its own selection process and considers the previous academic record of the student. The university gives more weightage to the previous academy score followed by an interview.
How many government agriculture college in bihar
There is no such data that shows the total number of Government agriculture colleges in Bihar.